Monday, June 03, 2019

Weather, still

It refuses to warm up much outside.  This is getting tiresome but man oh man is it ever green out there.  Lots of rain and cool weather has resulted in obscenely bright greens in the woods.  Very, very pretty.  BUT...I would like to see the sun for more than just a few minutes at a time.  Rumor is that will happen later this week, maybe, perhaps, possibly.  The black flies are liking this weather--they don't like sunny warm days.

I've been busy planting my deck containers and I'm pretty happy with the results.  Now I need to plan the seedlings I have, in the ground, and mow the lawn.  Yes, my grass likes damp cool weather and all of a sudden it has grown at an alarming rate.  drat.

Things at the thrift store are out of control--people are bringing in more stuff than we could possibly process so there's a huge backlog.  I get frustrated, tired and hysterical when it's like that so don't enjoy being there as much.  I only worked a couple of hours on Wednesday and again on Saturday.  I feel bad leaving when it's so busy.  Not bad enough to stay though.  Bad me.

I hosted book group last night, we were going to be on the boat house porch but it was cool and rainy so we ended up in my living room.  That was fine.  I made stuffed shells, which sure are not worth the amount of work (at least the way I made them).  Tasty but I think I'll stick with lasagna for a mix of ricotta, etc.  We had a good time anyway.

Summer people are slow to arrive, not many have shown up yet.  I've been going out for ice cream with a friend, WW be damned.  Must get back to counting points and weighing in.


No comments:

Post a Comment