Tuesday, January 07, 2020

either do it or don't

If I'm going to have this blog I should POST something, right?   It seems I start getting fairly conscientious about posting, then I get interrupted by an event or trip or something in my life and I never return.  And so once again I return.

December went by in a flash.  The weather was tolerable the friends were around and good, the dogs didn't run off (much), I was busy but hardly overwhelmed.  Christmas came and was very nice.  I went to RI, of course, and my mother was and still is well.  We had a quiet visit although there were stoppers-by and a few events.  I saw a good friend from the old days when I lived there.  We had a good visit with my cousin and his family.  It didn't snow.  The ground was bare.  We had lobsters.  Mark and I gave my mother a new Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner, which she has actually used since I was there.  That's pretty impressive, that she's used it without any help, it's a pretty dramatic thing, a big change.  She's not usually enthusiastic about change but who could hate a cordless vacuum cleaner?  Any she continues to be well and happy.

I went to the gym regularly last month and even did some aqua-size in the pool in Plattsburgh.  That wasn't quite a passing fancy but I haven't been again lately.  I'll go back, but when?

It was 8 degrees this morning, though now in the middle of the night it's 23.  We had a spell of warm weather that melted our snow and are slowly rebuilding a base.  We got about 4 inches today, very fluffy stuff.  The ice on the lake was thick but a friend recently put her foot right through the ice near shore so perhaps there has been meltage.  Supposed to be zero later this week but there's a bit on sno-sulation keeping it from getting thick.

Work is good, we've scanned all of the processed photos, 6000 or more and now I need to decide what we'll do next.  We're waiting for the report from our Assessment visit, I'm seriously hoping that will guide us to the next thing.

I was absent from the thrift store for a couple of weeks but dared show up on Saturday.  It was busy with shoppers but we have an intensive triage routine that has kept donations down.  Much less rejecting going on in receiving.

Life is good.  It's a quiet time, not much activity in the woods here though friends are coming next week (!) to stay in their camp for a few days.  GOOD friends I look forward to being with.  Nice, very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment