Saturday, January 25, 2020

Gone too long

I just haven't been in the mood to blog, I guess.  It's not been terribly busy but we did have lots of snow last weekend, we ended up with about a foot from 2 different storms.  Right now it's snowing and 30 degrees, predictions are mixed--maybe snow, maybe sleet, maybe rain, maybe ice.  I think we'll end up with a few inches by morning.

Last weekend was busy, friends were in the neighborhood and at my house.  Good friends came to their camp below my house, I love seeing them and got to spend 2 evenings with them.  They make me laugh and laugh.  Other friends were here, they spent one night in their camp then spent Sunday night with me.  That was nice and sure was good for my house: I cleaned and cleaned.  I need to do more organizing and decluttering for sure.  I think the dogs brush each other during the nights while I sleep then empty the brush on the living room rug.  There is SO MUCH dog hair!

I've been working at the Archives and the thrift store, as usual.  Both are going well.  The thrift store has been busy, especially today when there were tons of shoppers.  Not too many dropping off so that made my morning easier.

We have at least a foot of snow right now but I'm not sure there's much more than that on the ground.  Unusual for the end of January.  I've been walking the bog in the morning with friends--the snow is loose so it's harder, like walking in deep sand.  I have cleats on my boots, which helps.

The dogs are both well.  They have been good about sticking around but of course they're NOT allowed out together unless I'm walking with them, and even then Treasure is on a leash on the way home. Bear doesn't seem to go far, wouldn't it be great if he kept that up this summer!  but I doubt that will be.

Winter has been pretty easy so far.  It was below zero last weekend but this week was a warm week, temps in high 20's and low 30's.  Very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment