Friday, January 10, 2020

Good week--so far

I've had a good week, the thrift store was busy but there were too many volunteers working so it was all fine.  I didn't work hard or stay long.  Work on Thursday was fine, we're doing massive data entry with a collection of older, rare books we have in the Archives.  Mostly my assistant will be doing the data entry, I showed her how to do it and she took right off with that.

Today was a busy day for me--walked the bog in the morning with friends then went to Plattsburgh for the pool-ercise class for fat old ladies.  I of course fit right in.  The class lasts an hour, that's a long time to be bouncing in the crowded shallow end of the pool.  I came home and did some clearing, got the snow off the steps and made a good path on the deck.

The big news here is FEAR: they're predicting an ice storm for Saturday night and Sunday.  This really scares me, the ice storm we had in '98 was just awful for me.  No power for 2 weeks, temps below zero, no water for 3 weeks, pipes froze, dogs got cold, house was miserable.  Hopefully this won't be a repeat, warmer temps are predicted at least.  Still, it makes me very, very nervous.  I have a Coleman lantern for night time and a Coleman cook stove.  I have access to my friends' house down the hill, they have a generator so if there's serious trouble for a long time I may be able to go there.  I do sound hysterical, don't I.  Maybe it won't be that bad but they're predicting 1/2 an inch to an inch of ice.  Man that's nasty.

Enough about that!  Tomorrow it will rain a lot.  Temp right now is 37.  I'll decide in the morning if I want to work at the thrift store tomorrow.  Right now I'm feeling...not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment