Monday, March 07, 2005

I would dispute a lot of this, except hopefully that my brain leans female and that I'm a giver. People always take advantage of me emotionally because I trust people and believe what they say. Could we use these Web tests to find out enough about ourselves that we wouldn't need professional help? they could tell us what kind of childhoods we had and how that made us feel about ourselves as adults, what kinds of relationships we had with our parents and siblings and ourselves. How we are as supervisors and employees. How honest we are. Gosh, that would be great.

1 comment:

  1. My experience of therapy that works is that the therapist becomes the "parent you did not have but that you really need now". Which, speaking as a parent, is not intended to crucify the real parents, just help the patient. The patient needs help, and that is all that counts, in therapy. I do not think my computer could ever be an adequate parent.

    ReplyDelete