Friday, September 29, 2006

My Thursday
I went to a meeting in Canton yesterday (and spent the morning with one of Jenica's colleagues--will we ever get used to sharing our professional lives?). I left from my house rather than from Plattsburgh, so I got to drive the back roads. There's not as much color as in some years, and the color there is is very muted, not the brightness we usually have.

It was great to be away from CEF for a day, and I really like the people at the network office where the meeting was held.

Today I'm scrounging around for things to do, trying to decide which tasks I will attempt to accomplish. I leave at 3 to go to Lake Placid to pick up my new glasses. That will get me home a little early--quite a luxury. Yesterday I got home early and actually made good use of my time, trimming the brush around the driveway and playing with my dogs. Tess took a long walk on her own, which scared me because there wasn't anyone in the bog. I didn't know if she had gone in another direction or if someone had taken her home, as everyone warns me someone will do. I checked the hardtop for her body and didn't find it. That's not a cheerful exercise.

My well is dry again--or maybe still. It was running when I got up on Weds., then did the "refuse to shut off" thing last night. I'm afraid I left it on when I left for work this morning and hopehopehope it won't run out of water and refuse to relax again. Tomorrow it's supposed to be sunny and 60. At 10:00 Bill's Boys from the Hood are coming to stack my firewood. This is the 4 cords I had delivered recently. They stacked the 6 cords I bought in May. Is it worth $100 to get my wood stacked, not doing it for free myself? Apparently it is, because that's my plan.

I need to get to camp to close the boat house. This is a job I have completely ignored. Somehow it just doesn't seem right to do it until it's about 40 degrees and raining. Maybe I do it then because it speeds up the process--I work fast and throw it all together so I can get home to warm up. Did my cousins shut the power off, thus creating a moldy mess in the b.house refrigerator? The suspense is killing me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:48 PM

    I have stuff to do this weekend, but I can come hang out next weekend, and help close up the BHouse, and whatever else you might need...

    ReplyDelete