Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pickers at the ready


Pickers at the ready
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
From left, the brothers (Bill's Boys, the Boyz in the 'hood) Shane, Israel and August, Bill and Fred.

Bill brings the boys to Hawkeye almost every weekend to do lots of different work. They've stacked my firewood for the past 2 years. Amazing that it's been that long since I've touched a woodpile other than to grab wood to burn. The three of them stacked my latest 4 cords in an hour.

Anyway, here they're getting ready to pick up roadside trash as part of the good work the Hawkeye Conservationists do for the community. Linda's president this year and I'm the perennial secretary. I'm pretty sick of this organization--it's basically the shoreowner's organization but sometimes it's very controversial because of our position on various issues (like almost always against whatever project the neighborhood bully proposes).

No comments:

Post a Comment