Monday, July 02, 2007

viola


viola
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
I really like this flower. I bought 3 of these violas from White Flower Farm, an expensive and very well known nursery in Connecticut. I used the gift certificate Julie gave me for taking care of Hugo, so they were a gift. I laughed at myself because violas (also called Johnny-jump-ups) are usually a weed you can't get rid of. I really like these and hope they will be perennials. They might not be because they're specially bred (is that what you do with plants? breed them?). I've read that eventually violas will revert back to their natural colors, which is dark purple with a dark yellow center. This one certainly has the potential for that, doesn't it.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Any flower with even a hint of blue is good by me. (And the photograph is wonderful, too.) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete