Thursday, October 02, 2008

best spot


best spot
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Here's where I get to sleep--the gazebo in the woods. It's the best spot ever. I can't decide where I'd rather sleep--in the boat house or in the gazebo. I guess they're equally special. Here you listen to forest sounds (including the occasional buck snort, which drives the dogs nuts). In the b.house you hear water lapping. Anyway, this sits on the tiniest of crests, so small you can't really call it a crest, in the woods. It looks out at a clearing my brother created because he believes every place should have a view/vista. He was right about my house and my mother's house.

Every night at bedtime I walk past the pond in the yard, hear the little trickle of the water going down the rocks, look for a frog or two with my flashlight while the dogs pee, then walk to the gazebo. The dogs get to wander around without a leash, outside of the pen--a treat for them. They stay outside for a few minutes, then I hear them woofling at the door and let them in. We lie in bed, I read and they snore. I stare at the ceiling in total peace. What could be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment