Tuesday, October 07, 2008

them


them
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
This is what's inside the locket. It's not easy to find tiny pictures of people. I know, Henry has his eyes closed, but you can tell it's him. In some of the pictures I found you couldn't tell who it was, the figures were so small.

I really like the picture of Molly. I took it at a beach picnic. Mark used to have us go on beach picnics Sunday nights. He would take china plates, real glassware, of course a nice tablecloth, naturally gin & tonics. We'd sit on the beach, watch the waves until the sun went down (or something like that). It was nice, but sometimes cold.

Anyway, this is sort of like the Jackson Browne song "you were turning around to see who was behind you." That's as much of the lyrics it's like because the rest of the song is sad. Molly looks happy and great in the picture, doesn't she?

I love my locket. I love my siblings. I like the idea that I have them so close to me all the time. sappy, huh, but I miss my brother desperately, and my sister lives far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment