Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Bog hostess


Bog hostess
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
This is Tess, exhausted from a great day of being the official Bog Hostess. If I don't stop her early enough on the weekend she runs (think FAST) to the bog next door to meet & greet the people coming for a picnic or nature walk. Mostly the people love her and feed her sandwiches when they get to the top of the bluffs. Some people send her home, some people drive her home, some people call her later in the day to make sure she got home all right. Once a woman drove her to West Plattsburgh, half an hour away, then called to tell me she had and didn't know the bog was on my road. I drove half an hour to get her. There's no cell phone service in the area, which complicates things.

It's not a good situation because I worry that someone will take her home. She has a tag with her personal information, including contact info. for RI (the last phone call was from some people who live in RI). Everyone loves her. Lots of times I go to the trailhead and ask if people have seen my brown dog. They always say yes and tell me what a wonderful dog she is. Sometimes I catch her greeting or bidding farewell to her new-found friends. Sometimes she jumps in their cars. She comes home exhillerated and full of new stories to share with Chances. She sure is cute, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment