Thursday, October 02, 2008

opposites attract


opposites attract
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
I bought this cool whirlygig that rotates in the wind. I wasn't sure where I'd hang it, maybe outside my window at home. I like the one Linda has on her porch, it's nice to watch in the breeze. This one has a wire spiral and the glass ball pretends to go up and down the spiral as it rotates in the wind. Hanging it at home seemed dumb and I thought it would be nice to stare at it from the Saranac chair on the boat house porch.

I had a hard time finding a spot where the wind would be strong enough to move it. Oh, how misleading catalog descriptions are! Anyway, it moves a little on a very windy day. Mostly I just stare at it and think it's pretty.

Up close it's even prettier, and obviously the view of the mountain through the ball is fun. In my effort to fill my walls with stunning (NOT) artwork I had a big print made of this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment