Monday, June 15, 2009

Flora instruction

Time for the Monday Bog Report. I try to take the dogs (and myself ) for a bog walk Sat. and Sun. mornings, for exercise, to tire and entertain the dogs, and to see what's new in the bog.

Lots of wildflowers in bloom right now. Not too many bugs, though the black flies are still making their presence known. I'm still learning to identify wildflowers, but I'm making progress. These are mostly pretty obvious ones. I didn't find the Ladyslippers until Linda pointed them out to me last night at Camp, plus I found False Solomon's seal there too. Just to keep you in suspense, pictures to follow.

I stayed in the boat house last night. Pretty but I was restless and woke several times. Then overslept so was late to work today. Barely functioning. Plus didn't take my sweatshirt off this morning when I bathed in the lake. Huh?

Book group on the b.house porch last night, very nice. Great food, and we learned the difference between French lentils and our lentils. Everyone was there. This month we're each reading a different Gene Stratton Porter book, courtesy of Lin. This is a new concept, having everyone read a different book, and these are sweet books so we'll have a good time next month. At Linda's, no less. M. gave us a really nice book talk on the books she'd read during the month. I liked that a lot and it made me want to read a couple of the books a lot. And skip the others. It's great, guidance in what to read and what's not nearly as good as the jacket makes it sound.

Got to sit in the sun and read on the deck yesterday. Such a luxury! Plus got to talk to my sister part of the time. Double luxury. I have a good life. Social life is really picking up now, and will rev up even more. Workfest 09 starts this weekend--The Boys of Kokosing (just down the hill from my house) arrive. How cute are they? VERY. Sadly, the end of June is closing in and the lake will fill up with people and boats and jet skis. Last night, sitting alone on the b.h. porch it was totally silent at dusk. The lake was glassy, no one was there. I realized that, in a little while there will be boats and jet-skis droning around at that hour--it's a popular time to go round and round, after dinner and a few beers. It' wonderful to to have the time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment