Tuesday, June 09, 2009

ladies 002


ladies 002
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Things you can see in the background: the peace (pace) flag my sister brought from Italy during the war before this one. I found mine while I was "cleaning" (moving things around). I'm really happy we can hang it up--we kept the last one up until it was in shreds.

Inside you can see the vase that's a lady--that came from M., a book group member. We swap things at book group--you bring a couple of things and are supposed to take a couple of things home. It doesn't always work. Sometimes I feel like Tess, walking around the house looking for something to play with.

The bureau is one that's been in the boat house for as long as I can remember. I think it probably came from my parents' past. A few pieces on the porch are from their early days together.

There are a few candles--I put most of them away (I didn't want the Vase Lady to look like a shrine) but we have lots and lots of candles so we can sit on the porch after dark. Only one outlet in the building--it's impressive how resourceful we are with that one outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment