Friday, October 26, 2012

Dog pictures

I just deleted a semi-obscene comment posted about my dog pictures.  From anon., of course.  It beseeched me to never write about how they don't like to have their pictures taken together again.  Well, too late, I did that today.  But noted, I won't do it again.  Pardon me for thinking it's funny that they walk away every time I try to pose them together.  But, boring to some, OK.  Offensive?  I don't think so.  But then you never know who's reading your blog.

It's a beautiful day today, sunny and warm.  Really, really nice, especially for late October.  There have been lots of predictions about what a terrible winter we're going to have, so let's enjoy what we have now.  The weekend is supposed to be warm, also, but maybe rainy.  I'll have to finish my chores--YES!! FINISH MY CHORES!  this weekend.  I had some time off yesterday afternoon and did about 10 minutes' worth of chores, then lay down on the couch.  Must break this chain! 

I still don't have water, am sort of used to it but also tired of it.  Am hoping that this weekend will bring Steve to my house.  Meanwhile, the Holts has become my 2nd home.  The dogs are patient and wait outside while I fill my water jugs or do laundry or shower.  They probably think the whole thing is very entertaining.  Well, in some ways it is.

I no longer have a cat.  He lasted at 58OHR for one day.  Monday when I came home he came right to me when I called, but then I let the dogs out & they treed him.  He came down from the tree but hasn't been seen since.  I left food for him but the dogs ate it the next morning, as he didn't eat it that night.  Funny kitty.  I sometimes feel as if he's watching me from the woods around the house, but that's probably not the case.  I warned my friend Lin that he might show up in Peasleeville yet again.  She said if that happens she'll welcome him in.

I went to Burlington this week for my mammogram.  Always nice to get to Vermont, always nice to be reminded that I don't want to live in a city.  Even if the city only has a population of 50,000.  So many cars, so many people.  It was a nice trip and I resisted the impulse to shop at their giant, beautiful Goodwill store.  I DON'T NEED ANYTHING.  Except now I realize I'll have to dig out some wineglasses for the boat house, since Animal X broke some.

Lin & I cleaned & closed the boat house last weekend, in record time.  She's a great friend and makes me work diligently and quickly.  We cleaned up the mess and more, then took 2 giant bags of garbage to the dump, then had lunch at the local diner.  She's pretty sure the hamburgers they serve are the same one's you can buy at Sam's, and I suspect she's right.  But I like going there anyway.  Am taking Pat there for her birthday celebration on Monday.

Not much else going on.  Work is fine.  Back to inventorying & weeding, no big projects ahead for now.  I need to schedule a trip to Wadhams, which will be a nice trip.  They have a bunch of local history stuff that they'd like to have me look at and maybe catalog.  Am I surprised that I work with local history materials so much?  I suppose it makes sense, since I did major in history in college, and originally wanted to do original research for a living.  I think it's more of a lucky coincidence--I'm a cataloger and that's what needs attention right now.

We're supposed to/maybe get the hurricane (Sandy) next week.  The rain would be fine--great, even, but the wind could be a problem.  I don't want to lose power.  What little power I have.  I haven't turned the heat on yet, have been very conscientious about having fires at night instead.  And feeling very self-righteous about it.  I have good dry wood that starts right up.  Need to order more.

What's up for next week?  Not much.  Hard to believe it will be November.  We didn't get our usual October snow this year, though it's been cold at night sometimes.  29 the other morning when I got up.  Too cold to pee outside.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your blog and could be a relative. I inherited a copy of 'Adirondack Hospitality'. I think we may have a Davis-Humeston link somewhere.

    ReplyDelete