Monday, January 28, 2013

Hot, sooooo hot

I have hot water--when I got home Friday night & turned on the faucet, amazing of all amazing things, hot water came out.  So that's settled.  Guess turning up the ($$) heater in the cellar hole did the trick.  That was a relief.

It's warm today, +10 this morning, which feels great.  Due to get snow/ice tonight & tomorrow, which may impinge on my trip to Tupper Lake, scheduled for 9 tomorrow morning.  I don't like driving in ice.  Or on ice, or however it is.

Had a good weekend--Saturday was the Big Burn in the  neighborhood, which I attended for the first time.  Big brush pile reduced to ashes in 5 or so hours.  I only lasted about 4, then the sun disappeared and I got cold.  Wussed right out.  Went home, got under my down throw & shivered until I dozed.

I got to see Annie over the weekend, but Rush had some flu-like malady so we agreed I didn't want to go to their house.  She came yesterday afternoon & we had a good visit.  That's about all I did over the weekend--Friday I stopped at Pat & Jim's to visit with Joe, who was up from Georgia for the burn.  Yesterday at noon I returned to P&J's and visited with the crowd there.  Really nice to be with everyone.  I thought it would warm up over the weekend, which it sort of did--it was -7 Sat. morning and -4 Sunday morning, but with bright sunlight during the day it warmed considerably.

And for now it's work.  I'm slightly anxious about the weather but don't want to worry about that over which I have no control.  There's not much I DO have control over.

Dogs are fine, had a good weekend, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment