Monday, March 25, 2013

Being punished

I have to work late today to make up time.  I was 1 1/2 hours late to work because MY DOGS RAN AWAY.  They were gone for 2 hours, came home separately, which upset me.  Treasure came home with a deer shin in her mouth.  Tess had nothing, but I found an antler in the road.  I guess the snow has melted enough to expose their fall project of dismantling a deer carcass.  Swell.  I fretted, worried, got irritated, honked the horn, yelled, drove around--all to no avail.  They come home when they want to.  Anyway, I feel as if I'm being punished for my bad dogs' bad deeds by having to work extra time.

It was a good weekend--especially good because now I can have hot wonderful fires.  It's getting to that time when I don't have to keep the fire going 24 hours, I can let it go out at night because it's warmer.  If 20 is warmer.  Not so much today--part of my irritation at the dogs was that it was cold in the living room (55) and I had to sit there with my coat on waiting & watching the Today Show.  Augh.

I watched some basketball over the weekend, only half paying attention, but enjoying the games.  I wove 2 small baskets (thank you, Barb, for getting me to start weaving again).  One was perfect, just perfect, but the second one was not.  I got discouraged.  I had fun making the first one, but kept saying "This is not fun" while struggling with the second one.  How did I do that all those years ago?  I haven't lost my touch in weaving, but shaping is a problem for me.

I went to the dump--again.  This seems to be my Saturday activity.  Which is great because it means I'm throwing things away.  I sorted my sheets and found a big pile of white socks under them.  Apparently I once thought that my white socks should all be stored together, in the laundry room.  I put them in a garbage bag but didn't tie it shut.  The dogs spent the week emptying the bag, sock by sock, parading around the house with socks in their mouths.  Cute.  Up to a point.  PUT IT DOWN.

Weather is uneventful.  We didn't get snow, which was a relief.  But we didn't get sun, either.  Or warm weather.  There was some sun on Saturday, which was very cheery.

Yesterday I visited with Pat & Jim by myself--others were off doing other things.  Pat is getting better but was in pain yesterday so she's still not great.  I think they're both frustrated by her convalescence, and are shack wacky.  Me?  I just want to see some bare ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment