Friday, March 15, 2013

Double bonus day

It's not just Friday--it's pay day.  YIPPEE.  I sent some money to the electric company, though only a quarter of what I owe them. Enough to convince them that I do intend to pay my bill (I hope).  I went grocery shopping last night and was very conservative and frugal.  And proud of myself.  I still haven't lost weight, and am tired of the mentality that says "at least you're not gaining."  I know how to not gain, it's losing that I'm having trouble with.  I see my doctor in about 3 weeks so should be walking like mad to get my cholesterol level down before then.  Coulda shoulda woulda.

It was a good week, though the weather today really sucks.  It was 9 this morning, after several days of 30's and 40's.  My morning coffee friend said that our blood has started to thin because of the warm weather and that's why it felt more like -20 than merely 9.  It's not supposed to be very warm for a while, and I think we're supposed to have snow next week.  At least the sun is supposed to shine tomorrow.  a little.  maybe.

 I spent one day on the road this week, always a nice change.  I weeded the collection in Tupper Lake for most of the day, then stopped in AuSable Forks to pick up some paperwork from the director there.  That's a long trip.  Much discussion with Jimmy about which way is the fastest to get from Tupper to AuSable.  I went through Saranac Lake/Lake Placid; he thought it would have been better to cut through Hawkeye.  Doesn't really matter which way you go--it takes an hour.

We had a lot of rain early in the week, which was wonderful.  We lost at least 5" of snow at home, and in some places in the neighborhood there's bare ground.  Not near my house, not even close, but there are patches along the roadside, on southern facing areas.  Nice.

Dogs are fine but seem to have a bit of wanderlust.  They take themselves for long walks, which is OK but a bit worrisome.  Then Treasure returns without her sister, so I worry more.  Do I do anything to keep them close to home?  Heck no.  I would like to know where they go.  I don't think there's much left of the dead deer they were feasting on in the fall.

I had a quiet weekend--didn't do much of anything.  Organized my thoughts.  Went to the dump.  I did go to the Wellness Center on Friday afternoon, but decided not to join right now.  I have a treadmill here at work; it was just the pool I wanted to use there and I think I should save for a new wood stove instead of swim.  If I actually swam.

Went to the dump, which has been a weekly chore lately.  I like that--it means I'm throwing things away.  I may even go back this weekend.  Mr. Dump Man and I are becoming good friends.  He even comes out of his hut to greet me now.

It was my mother's birthday this week--she's now 87.  If my father were alive he'd be 101, so my mother has stopped wishing her were still alive.  "He wouldn't have liked being so old," she says.  Can't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment