Monday, March 11, 2013

What a weekend. What, a weekend?

It was a wonderful weekend in Hawkeye, weather-wise.  Saturday was warm and sunny--bright spring sun, so different from a winter sun that hangs low in the sky.  I walked to the mailbox with the dogs, who definitely had spring on their minds.  I didn't wear a coat, they trotted along.  Very, very nice.  I watched Argo, which was good but made me feel old.  When an event is treated as history and you remember when it happened, you're not young.

Sunday was a regular Sunday, with treats and company at Pat & Jim's.  Nice time and good visits.  Remembered to set the clocks ahead, which means it's really dark when I get up in the morning.  Yes, I know it's lighter longer at the other end of the day, but I sure prefer getting up in the daylight.

Traveling this week--Tupper Lake tomorrow, Dannemora on Weds.  Always nice to be out & about.  It's supposed to RAIN tomorrow, then snow in Hawkeye at the end of the week.  But spring, well, spring is in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment