Friday, November 06, 2015

Beautiful weather now going away

It's been a wonderful week for weather, lots of 60-degree days.  I've been walking to the mailbox most days, taking both dogs along.  Tess likes to run in the beginning but walks so slooooowly coming home.  I always have to have one on a leash--on Sunday they ran off and were sighted more than a mile away on the hardtop.  BAD DOGS.  Neighbors let me know they were out and about but I couldn't find them for a while.  I never did find Treasure, she found me at Pat & Jim's.  I was really upset, I can't stand the thought of having them on the hardtop.  So every day when we get the paper, or go to town, or go anywhere, one of the has to wear a leash when we get out of the car.  BAD DOGS.

I'm trying not to do so much traveling but there always seems to be something going on elsewhere.  Monday I went to AuSable and opened a checking account at the bank there.  That took forever because the bank manager has 3 Labs and wanted to tell me alllll about her breeding program for them.  Well, I started the conversation.

Tuesday I went to Burlington for my annual mammogram.  It was an uneventful trip but I had a grand time at Barnes & Noble, buying used books for me and Christmas presents for other people.  Oh I love to spend money.  I've never had anything show in mammograms so I'm assuming all will be fine.

Wednesday I went to Plattsburgh and had lunch with Julie.  We ate at a new Japanese restaurant downtown, a radical departure from our usual Thai lunch uptown.  It was good.  We always have good visits, and I'm always happy to be reminded that retired life is wonderful.

I have planted some of the daffodil bulbs Linda left with me but still have more to plant.  There were 200 of them, most of which have been doled out to others, but I was left at least 50 to plant myself.  So I plant a few here and there every now & then.  Still have some to plant but not too many.  I'd like to have them line the driveway but the digging will be harder there so I may give up on that.

Yesterday I went to my favorite farmstand in Peru, had a grand time picking out apples from the dozen or so bins of different kinds there, for 75 cents a pound.  I got some other produce and took the scenic way home, through the neighborhood we lived in when I first moved here.  It was a nice drive through pretty countryside.

Tomorrow I'll go to the dump (it IS Saturday) then on to Julie's to help her plant some of the daffodil bulbs she ended up with.  I think we'll go for a walk after that but we're both having asthma problems so it will be a slow walk on level ground.  The wet and moldy leaves exacerbate my asthma but I'm trying to be conscientious about using my inhalers to keep it under control.  I don't like to use the steroid inhaler but that's good for prevention.  cough cough wheeze wheeze.

The weather is changing back to November-like days.  It's supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow with nice warm sun.  Should be pleasant.  I went to camp the other day to take some things down and pick up the photo album I keep there.  I'd like to lock the gate but have to communicate with the new neighbor before doing so, telling him the combination and notifying him. 

I'll be doing 3 things every day, but walking to the mailbox and knitting don't count toward that.  I need to get myself better organized and more productive.  I bought supplies to paint the bathroom floor so that's one project I need to get going on.  I like painted floors, and the floor there right now looks awful, the finish is worn off.

Dogs are just fine in spite of the limits placed on them.  As long as there's food in their bowls and biscuits in the pantry they don't seem to care about much else.  Tess is strong and moves well, taking her anti-inflammatory med every day.  Treasure is needy, always wants attention, but is a sweet, sweet dog.

I voted this week--there were a lot of local candidates to vote for so that was good.  I always get nervous when I vote, convinced I'll do it wrong, or vote for the wrong candidates.  This time I got it right (whew!) but not all of my candidates won.  Most did, though.

Life is good.  I wish I were more productive.  I've been knitting every day, which keeps me from doing chores.  Well, some think knitting is being productive, but that's not the kind of production I NEED to be working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment