Sunday, November 01, 2015

Dark night

Wow, welcome Standard Time--it's pitch black at 6 p.m.  We've had very bright moonlight for the past several nights so it seems strange to have it so dark.  I prefer light in the early morning so this time of year is good for me.  The weather is great and it's predicted that the week will be warm (60's) and sunny, so YAY.  I'll maybe, just maybe, plant those damn daffodil bulbs.

The dogs raised hell with me today.  This morning they ran off after I went for the paper, and they were gone for hours.  I got a call from the woman whose camp is next to Linda's, way far down the road, telling me that she had seen the dogs at her camp, then her granddaughter saw them on the hardtop after that, not near my road.  I drove all over looking for them and was frantic.  I finally found Tess walking down the hardtop to my road, then Treasure showed up at Pat & Jim's while I was there.  Honestly!  I just can't have this.  It's leash time, that's for sure.  Right now they're passed out cold and snoring.

I've been knitting a lot, something constructive to do while I watch endless hours of television.  I guess some people will get knitted treasures for Christmas.  Maybe.  I can't knit sweaters, they just never turn out well.  Maybe I'll give sweaters one more try, though, and knit myself a vest.  I can't do armpits at all, have tried several times but the armpit holes are always too small and tight.  But as I say, maybe I'll try one more time.

I'm reading a good book by Gail Tsukiyama, something about a thousand blossoms.  It's about two Japanese brothers during and after WWII and is a good read but very long.  I'm plugging along and need to finish it so I can start the book group book: The nightingale, by Kristen Hannah.  Another WWII book.

Yesterday I went to the movies with Lin & Ralph.  We saw Bridge of Spies, which was good but long.  Tom Hanks is really wonderful and so talented.  We went out for dinner after the film, a very festive evening.  Every year Lin & I swear we're going to go to the movies regularly but somehow it never happens.  Maybe now.

Tuesday I have to go to Burlington for a mammogram, no big deal but oh boy!  Burlington!  Trader Joe's!  Barnes & Noble!  Spend money!  Hopefully I'll think about Christmas presents while I'm over there.  I've started getting presents for Mark and Liza, but just the standard gifts we exchange, nothing exciting or interesting.  Mark likes white sweatshirts and white t-shirts so I always give him those.  Both Liza and Mark are hard to find gifts for--we all have pretty much everything we need.  Which I suppose is a good thing, isn't it.


No comments:

Post a Comment