Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Cool, man, cool

And when it cools off here boy does it cool off.  t was 47 this morning, only got up to the 60's and it was windy and rainy with occasional sun.  Brrr.  Not complaining, I try hard not to complain about the weather.

I had a nice morning, coffee with Fred and Linda, then we went out for breakfast.  The food wasn't great but we had a good time.  It rained hard while we were out and about, rained less during the day after that.  I went to our favorite produce place, stopping in AuSable on the way.  I went to the cemetery and deadheaded the geraniums on graves.  The plants look surprisingly well considering the neglect that's been showered on them.

I actually dozed this afternoon, cuddled with a dog under a comforter on the couch.  Nice, very nice.  It was too cold and wet to do much outdoors so I settled for a non-productive day.  Oh, yes, that's a rare thing for me, right?

I was supposed to "help" train a puppy that some friends got from my breeder today but the session was cancelled because of the rain.  It was rescheduled for next week, when MY SISTER will be here.  I need help saying no to invitations: these friends invited us for dinner while Molly is here, I managed to say no to that, but instead we're having lunch with them.  So far we have commitments for Sunday lunch, Monday lunch and Tuesday dinner.  That doesn't cover everyone, not by a long shot.  I'll do my best to head off invitations but I'm notoriously bad at that.

I stayed in the boat house 2 nights, the first was Sunday, when it was hot oh so hot.  Linda and I went to the farmers market Sunday morning, which was great.  Didn't get much stuff but it was good to be there and I saw friends.

On Monday Linda and I had a grand dock day but it was very windy.  90 degrees but a cool wind so sitting in the sun was pleasant.  We swam a few times in very cold but refreshing water.  So cold that you don't ever get used to it, but it feels wonderful when the sun is hot.

Monday night we had an incredible storm with huge amounts of lightning.  The storm didn't hit us directly, it seemed to be on the other side of the mountain.  I watched and watched the lightning from the boat house porch, getting wet because the rain blew all the way across the porch.  A tree came down on OHR, by the hardtop and the Highway Dept. cleaned it up around 7 a.m. yesterday.

I've been visiting with friends and neighbors, getting into the summer swing.  Cocktails with Joe & Martha, dinners with Linda & Erdvilas, visiting with Pat & Jim.  Lots of couples in my life, not many singles.

Tomorrow may be lunch with Barb and some shopping in prep of Molly's arrival.  She flies in to Montreal Saturday afternoon so I'll see her then.  Looking forward to some quality sister time.

No comments:

Post a Comment