Thursday, June 02, 2016

Where did it go?

I don't know where the week went.  Day by day I got things done, saw people, had fun.  The weekend was busy, the Holts were here, there was a dinner at J&M's, and I did a lot of planting.  I have almost all of my flowers planted in containers on the deck, with still some cosmos and cleome to plant in the ground and enough flowers for one more container.  I bought more dirt--I've used more dirt this year than ever before, having a great time mixing it with cow manure in the wheelbarrow and filling the pots.

Coffee in the mornings with Linda and Fred, sometimes just Linda on her lakeside porch, sometimes at Fred's on his porch.  It was very hot, unpleasant for me and hard for me to be very productive.  It's cooled off a bit now but today is a big muggy and in the 70's.  We had a big rain storm on Sunday afternoon, complete with hail.  It poured and poured--so much that my sump pump got in on the action.

Tuesday I went to Plattsburgh, ran a few errands and had lunch with Julie.  That night we went to yoga class together.  Stretched muscles I don't usually stretch so I was a bit sore yesterday but am fine today.  I've been cleaning my house in prep. of dinner for Linda and Erdvilas--the original plan was to cook them a lobster dinner tomorrow night, but I've postponed that until next week.  Meanwhile I cleaned the living room and even vacuumed the rug.  Yikes. 

Yesterday I finally went to the cemetery to plant flowers on the dead people.  I had a ton of geraniums, plus some portulaca and lobelia for my father and brother.  The plot has no shade so there's not much I can plant there, every year it's geraniums.  Maybe this year I'll actually go to the cemetery during the summer and deadhead the plants.  maybe.

Today was a banner day, my friend showed up with his dump truck and we had a grand time filling it.  Boy did we fill it.  I had taken some things out of the mud room, and we cleared all the crud off of the deck (broken table, falling-apart planting table, broken this and broken that), plus we threw out the pieces of foamboard that were scattered around the side of the house.  I had him take away the huge chair in the living room, much to the dogs' dismay.  It was their favorite spot.  Too bad, I was so tired of that chair and it was falling apart.

Tomorrow is another Plattsburgh day, lunch with Barb and a few errands.  I hope to finish planting everything in the morning.  Hope to.  May.  Perhaps.  Stranger things have happened.  We had good rain this afternoon that watered everything so that was nice.  I think tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and not obnoxiously hot.

Saturday I'll probably get together with Julie, although there's a big bikefest that will close lots of the roads between her house and mine.  We'll see what we can do.

Apparently the docks and water were put in in camp on Monday.  I haven't been down there since I opened the boat house last week.  It wasn't the usual cousins who put in the docks so it will be interesting to see how it was done.  I guess I'm responsible for opening main camp and don't plan to do that until the end of the month, when my sister will be here to help me.  Sometimes people show up in June to use camp, but it won't be ready for them so SOMEONE ELSE will have to do it.  That would be grand.

I had the nicest morning today, just a pleasant time when I said I LOVE THIS LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment