Sunday, November 20, 2016

SNOW!!! Run, run for cover!

They predicted 8-12 inches of snow for "the mountains," and that's us.  When I got up this morning at 6:30 we already had half an inch in spite of a promise of rain.  That just put me in a foul mood but I got better as the day wore on.  Now it's dark and there are blinking red lights in my trees--Linda sent me a laser light that shows rotating blinkers, which I have pointed into the woods.  It's way cool, looks like red fireflies.  Very nifty.

We have about 7 inches of snow so far and they said it would snow all day tomorrow, too.  So far we haven't had the wind that was predicted, which is sure fine with me.  The power went out this afternoon but only for half an hour.  Am hoping that was it.

We were supposed to have book group tonight but I suggested we postpone it because when I went to P&J's at noon the roads were bad, very slick, unplowed and messy.  I don't think they've plowed yet, hours later.  I parked my car at the end of my driveway in case my plowman comes during the night.  I doubt he'll plow much before morning.  It's not good to plow before the ground freezes but sometimes it must be done.  Right?  Right.

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm (60).  I pretty much finished up my outside work, then sat in the living room with the door open so the dogs could come and go (and go and come and go and come, etc. all afternoon).  I went to my potter friend's gallery to get some Christmas presents, then had a quiet afternoon at home.  Lovely, really lovely day.

It was a funny morning, many phone calls coming in and going out.  My mother called, worried about the snow storm.  Fred called, wondering about the snow storm.  Lin and Marylou and I talked in the morning and again later in the day, deciding to postpone book group for 2 weeks.  That meant I ate the gelato I bought to take there.  I mean, I HAD to it might go bad by then. 

The woods are pretty even if it is a huge inconvenience to have so much snow.  I don't think this snow will melt any time soon, either, it's supposed to be a pretty cold week.  I leave Tuesday for RI, which gives me all day tomorrow to get ready.  Get ready?  I've already got the car mostly packed.  I did laundry today.  I haven't packed my clothes yet, I do that the morning I leave.  Might want to wear some of the clothes I pack...   Well we all have our "things" about traveling.  I make lists.  Well, 1 long list for packing, other lists for tasks to be completed before leaving.  "Put away summer clothes" is on that list, but I've made no movement in that direction.  I keep tripping over a flip-flop in the bathroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment