Monday, May 29, 2017

2 dogs yet again

Yes, I went to see Bear the Big Black Dog and he came home with me on a trial basis.  He is a sweet, sweet thing and is fitting in beautifully here at 58OHR so I think he's found a permanent home.  He seems to love it here (why wouldn't he?  He hopped on the bed the first night and slept all night there).  I was cabling him outside but today he got to go out unchaperoned and he didn't wander or leave the yard.  No, I'm sure that will come later.  I haven't walked him around the neighborhood yet, or taken him to the water.  As far as he knows our world consists of the house, the yard and the car.  He's excellent in the car but insists on sitting in the front seat (that's where Tess always sat).  Treasure does not approve of him much but she's a good girl and hasn't objected too strenuously.  She did growl (quietly) at him twice and pretend-snapped at him once (a snap in slow motion) but mostly she just ignores him and when he gets on the couch she mostly gets down with a heavy sigh.  It will work out.  He is not a brown girl but he is a very nice dog.

This weather is so very tiresome!  It's raining again.  We had a nice day yesterday, sunny and comfortable.  I didn't really take advantage of that.  I did get to the gym with Annie yesterday, then went to visit with the neighbors then went to Plattsburgh to get a collar and ID tag for Bear, then picked up Marylou at the Pbg airport and took her home to Wilmington.  That was all fine.  Bear was an excellent passenger.

Today I went to Fred's for coffee, then Bill, Linda, Fred and I went out for breakfast and had a really nice time.  I love going out for breakfast.  Don't bother ordering the pancakes at the former Pancake Haven in Wilmington, but the eggs are consistently good and L. reports that the sausage gravy is tasty.

I did what I rarely do this afternoon: I napped.  A long, deep sleep.  Wow that was something, but what else could I do on a rainy day like this?  Tomorrow I absolutely have to clean my house, and hopefully will do some planting in the morning.  I have to drag the mower out of the shed and at least start to think about mowing the lawn.  It's not very long yet, fortunately.

Tonight is dinner with Annie, her brother and his wife.  That will be nice.  I think tomorrow I'll hit the gym  with Annie in the morning, then I will be productive oh yes I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment