Thursday, May 18, 2017

Springing fast

Wow what a difference 2 days make.  I spent yesterday in the 1000 Islands region with Julie.  It was gorgeous there, the hotel was right on the St. Lawrence and we had a lovely little balcony overlooking the river.  I had my morning coffee on the balcony yesterday, then went to the fitness center and did 20 minutes on the treadmill.  I would have done more (wuddashuddacuda) but I couldn't get the TV on the treadmill to work right so I got bored.

I went to the meeting and 2 presentations but did I really care?  Is it possible to remove yourself completely from a profession you were proudly a member of for almost 40 years?  Apparently.  Or else maybe I'm just so self-centered that I'm not interested in anything that doesn't relate to or have to do with me.  At any rate it was an OK day and I saw some good people, it was nice to see them.  We had and OK drive there and back but it's 3 1/2 hours no matter which way you go.

Treasure boarded well and was happy to see me.  I wondered if she expected to find Tess at the kennel but who knows what dogs think and she was fine.  I asked Deb (kennel owner and dog breeder) if Treasure was, perhaps a little fat: YES she said without hesitation.  I realize I've been over-feeding her especially with doggie junk food because I was trying to get Tess to eat and you can't feed one dog without feeding the other, right?  Anyway now poor Treasure has to deal with dietary restrictions.  This will not be easy.

Today I met Carol in AuSable at 6:45 and we had a really nice walk around town.  It's warm (too warm, at 81) so we walked outside.  Tomorrow we'll go back to the treadmills if it's as cool as predicted.  I took some things to Linda's this morning.  She arrives this afternoon.  YIKES.  This afternoon I think I'll go to the boat house, put the furniture on the porch then sit there in the cool breeze off the lake and maybe read a while.  or nap.  I was up at 4 this morning, felt troubled and couldn't sleep.

Busy time here, this weekend.  There will be much greeting and happy times.  To celebrate we have leaves on trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment