Monday, May 15, 2017

Long week

It's been a hard week.  Tess' cough was terrible and getting worse so I took her to the vet on Weds.  He xrayed her lungs and found a large mass so I had her put to sleep.  It wasn't  hard decision, she clearly was suffering.  It was a hard thing to do but it's such a peaceful procedure and the vet is a compassionate and gentle man so it was I suppose as easy as it could be.  Anyway it's over.  I'm cried out (well, almost) and moving on.  What does Treasure think?  who knows what dogs think but she stays pretty close to me and stares at me ALL the time.  I've been giving her lots of affection and attention.  We're a good team I think and I do know that all will be fine.  I don't know when or if I'll get another dog.  I may contact my breeder to see if she has any adult dogs she's looking to place--that's how I got Treasure, and Chances Are.  I've had 4 of her dogs, all sweet.

So that was last week.  The weekend was all right.  I went to the gym twice--Carol was out of town so I went by myself but there were people there I knew so time didn't drag (too much).  I had lunch with Barb on Friday, she's a great comfort to me so that was good.  Saturday I had coffee and a long visit with Julie.  Tomorrow Julie and I are going to the 1000 Islands for an overnight.  We'll have a good time together and doubtless it will be an adventure of sorts.  It's a library thing.  I don't belong at library things any more.

Today I went to the dump and had to tell Bob the Dump Man that I only need one biscuit for my dog, not two any more.  He was sweet, gave Treasure an extra one and told me how sorry he was for my loss.  People are good.

The weather has been rotten but right now it's 59 and the sun is out.  We've had cold and rain for a long time but it's due to warm up this week.  This is a big week in Hawkeye, summer people start arriving on Thursday.  Soon enough it will be Memorial Day weekend an then all hell will break loose.

I have a pair of rose-breasted grosbeaks at my feeder, a trio actually, 2 males and a female.  That's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment