Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Nattering at night

I'm up at 11:00, went to sleep earlier but woke and now am perky and full of (not-quite) energy.  OK, not perky, either, but wide awake.

The black flies are bad this year, even this early.  I remember years ago when they were so thick you really couldn't be outside, even to walk to your car, and they're not that bad yet but man are they thick and hungry.  I did some outside planting today and had to take breaks to come in for relief.  We had some very hot days last week (wow, was that just last week?  seems long ago) and that really revved them up.  It's cool in the morning and they're not too bad (maybe).

I have a busy morning, meeting Carol to walk at 6:30, phone call to my mother after that, then coffee with Linda and Fred, then my friend the potter is coming to pick up a couple of bicycles so she can use the gears for an art project in Plattsburgh.  I have 3 bicycles in my shed--1 was my sister's when she lived in Colorado in the 70's, 2 are more than 25 years old and were hardly ever used.  Boy wouldn't it be nice to get rid of them, or at least one of them!  We'll see.

I called my dog breeder today, which took courage.  I wanted to know if she has any dogs to place and yes, indeed she does.  She has a 3-year-old black male she needs to find a home for, plus she has a litter of pups born today.  I don't really want a male and I don't really want a puppy so I'm wondering.  I'm going to meet the male on Saturday afternoon.  I won't know if I want this dog until I get to know him so I need to RELAX about the whole thing.  As soon as I hung up the phone I started to cry--no, I don't want a different dog, male or female, I want my brown dog back.  Too bad for me.  That does NOT mean it's too soon to get another dog, it just means I miss Tess.  Treasure and I are doing well but we tend to cling to each other.

I was thinking of sleeping in the boat house tonight but it's chilly so I stayed home.  I think I'll sleep there tomorrow night, that would be nice.  The woods are intensely green, a very bright green, one of my favorite things.  The far shore practically glows.

Going to Plattsburgh tomorrow, have errands to run and may meet Julie in the afternoon.  or not meet her, she doesn't know what she's doing.  I'm going to town anyway, have to pick up meds and get DEET, lots and lots of DEET.  Plus more geraniums.  I've been plant shopping 3 times so far and have all I need for my deck but I still need a few more geraniums for the cemetery.  3 for my father, 3 for my brother, 2 for my grandparents and 2 for my favorite cousin.  I hogged some of the ones I already bought for my deck planters.

Life is good.  I'm slowly adjusting to summer pace with summer friends.  Better speed up the process--all hell breaks loose this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment