Sunday, December 31, 2017

Farewell to 2017

I'm home in Hawkeye, the holidays were good and all is well at -6 here.  This morning's early temp was -13.  This weather is almost enough to be depressing but I'm just happy my house is operational and not freezing or having a problem.  I have a cold and am spending the day watching 80's music videos from the couch with my dogs in front of a warm fire.  Nothing seems to help ease the symptoms of this head cold but I feel fortunate that it's only a head cold and not even a very bad one.  Geez I sound goofy, my glass is always half full isn't it.

I went to the neighborhood holiday party last night, that was lovely.  I didn't stay long but did visit with everyone there.  There were probably 35 or so people, people I like and am happy to see.  We are neighbors, after all, and we need to keep each other in mind.

The Holts have been here since Christmas and Annie and I have been to the gym every morning.  You'd think that would have some impact on my weight but apparently I eat enough to keep it in balance.  I don't do resolutions, really, but am hoping to get back to my Weight Watchers routine in January. 

It's sunny and bright outside.  Soon I'll go out for more wood but that's about it.  I'm drinking hot lemon-honey water (blech) because that's what 2 friends told me to do.  Mostly I'm just doing nothing and that feels so good!  I didn't go to the thrift store yesterday and will have another idle day tomorrow I hope, but return to my routines after that.  Work Tuesday and Thursday mornings, thrift store Weds. and Sat. mornings.  A good life.

I think 2018 will bring good things.  A girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment