Thursday, August 23, 2018

Cool morning

I can't call it COLD, it's 47 and that will be lovely in just a few weeks but it is chilly.  I like cool, brisk mornings (especially when they're followed by lovely sunny warm days).

I haven't been doing much lately, the usual stuff.  It's funny to be at home with nothing pressing to do--the hard work my friend and I did on cleaning and purging in my house has left me without the guilt of "I'm sitting here and I should be cleaning."  We're planning on hitting the mud room next, and eventually I think we'll move upstairs.  The master bedroom has become a storage unit for me and is in dire need of organizing and purging.  There are 2 closets upstairs as well, both full of stuff and old clothes.  There was a time when my co-worker friends and I bought a lot of clothes from Eddie Bauer and Lands End, buying variations on the same dresses and sweaters.  We sure were cute, this was 30 years ago.  Anyway a lot of those clothes are in the closets and should be purged.  Not to the thrift store but to the dump.   That was when I wore a size 6.  Many sizes ago.

It's an Archives day, what will we work on?  We could scan photographs, I could enter metadata for already scanned images while my assistant works on the vertical file.  There are a couple of reference questions that the other assistant is working on, hopefully she finished them up on Tuesday but knowing her I doubt it.  Oh well.  She is a school librarian in Vermont and will be back there.

My good friend returns today--she's been away for a week.  I've been feeding and visiting with her cat Cedar.  Cedar is blind and mostly deaf but is now used to having me show up to feed her.  We call her Feedar.  My friend and I are walking partners and winter gym partners and she wants to be sure we walk tomorrow.  I had planned to walk this morning with my poor neglected un-walked dogs but no, I don't think so.  They'll survive.

It's a beautiful sunny morning, now that the sun is up.  I wake up around 5:30 and it's still pretty dark then.  What I see when I open my eyes are 2 hulking dark forms sitting on my bed staring at me.  BURNING me with their "it's time to get up NOW" looks.  I spoil my dogs terribly but they're good company and treat me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment