Monday, August 20, 2018

Oh no not again

I tend to sleep well for a few hours then am wide awake--if I took a nap in the afternoon, or some time during the day would I sleep through the night?  I doubt it, I think people my age often wake up during the night.  Many of my friends, as well as my sister have this happen to them too.

I've been having very nice dock times with my friend, the weather has been cooperating nicely (is that redundant? can you cooperate rudely?  I suppose so).  The lake water is getting cooler, earlier this summer it was warm and not refreshing in 90-degree heat, now it's a tad chilly after 20 minutes or so of noodling.  I'm sure if we actually swam it wouldn't be but we just sort of bob and float.

My book group met tonight.  We get together once a month ostensibly to talk about a book we assign ourselves to read.  We talk a bit about the book but then stray in our conversations.  Gardening, grandchildren, boyfriend, dogs, families, but seldom politics in detail, always general discussion and agreement about the state of things.  Next month we'll meet at the boat house and it will be September.  Holy crap, September.

I have to call the foam insulation people back, both people I called returned my call and left messages.  I was going to call tonight (Sunday) but didn't get home from book group until a little later than I thought it polite to call (but mostly the reason was that I didn't feel like calling).  I absolutely HAVE TO call this week.  No, that's too easy, I have to call MONDAY night.  Let's get this ball rolling.

I have an appointment at long last to have my windshield replaced--it was struck by a rock coming home from RI in July with my sister and has a respectable crack running up nearly the whole length of the glass.  They couldn't get a replacement part for some reason but have finally got one in their shop--I was hoping to have them come to the house but of course the only day I can do it this week it's supposed to rain so I've changed the appointment to take place in their shop.  I love the Internet, there's a picture of their small shop in Platts. and it looks pretty crummy, no big TV in a comfortable waiting room with free coffee and wifi.  I may try to meet a friend for the hour and a half it's supposed to take.

This week looks busy but just about busy enough.  I'm hosting lunch for good friends (I don't have any bad friends) in the boat house while the Ex Husband and his wife will be in camp.  Does it bother me to have them down the hill from my house for a week?  A bit but not much, I just try to stay away from camp while they're there but this is my last chance to visit with these friends, who are leaving next weekend.  I could host them at my house but the boat house is a lovely spot.

Dogs are fine.  Bear is outside now, barking at something that's not me.  He's on a leash nearly all the time he's outside but since it's 1:30 a.m. I figure he'll be OK and not roam right now.  I walk him sans leash in the early morning and he likes that, doesn't stray and comes when I tell him he's too far ahead of me.  Good boy, Bear.  Treasure so far seems to stay close to home when she's outside.  Or so I like to think.  She's never out long enough to be far away.  They are quite a nice pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment