Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Public service!

I worked at the library for 4 1/2 hours today: how did I ever work full-time???  I was exhausted, staffing the circulation desk and helping people.  No, it wasn't as crowded as other libraries I worked in but it was pretty much non-stop helping and answering questions.  Yikes.  Just let me be in the Archives, minding my own business and messing with metadata.  Well the Director needed desk coverage today while she set up the benefit and I offered (that will teach me).

It's muggy here and still warm at 6:30, temp is 74.  I should be in the boat house but I'm happy to be at home (and there are people in camp but not in the boat house).  Tomorrow morning I'll volunteer at the thrift store for a couple of hours and then what?   Errands in AuSable, some stuff to take to the post office, some banking to do.  That will give me most of the day to be productive: MOW THE LAWN!!!  The house is in great shape thanks to my wonderful friend who helped me prepare for company last week.  This just makes me complacent and lazy (lazier).  My friend weed whacked the heavy growth around the house so I could actually mow it now.  Do it, girl, do it!

I have to go to Platts. one day soon for blood testing, have a visit with my primary care doctor next Friday.  The worst part of the whole thing is being weighed at the doctor's office.  No, I haven't been losing weight.  Let's just hope I haven't gained anything lately. 

I watered my deck plants today--they were so thirsty!   I have quite a few blooming flowers now, they've got their second wind.  I have a lot of tiny cucumbers, which I need to protect from Bear.  He munches on the cukes, crunch crunch.  My tomatoes are coming along but aren't close to being ripe.

Still walking Bear on a leash although in early morning I walk him sans  leashing and he does very well.  If there's no one in the bog or around he listens to me and comes when I call him.  Wonder of wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment