Friday, February 15, 2019

Cold, warm, cold, rain, snow

We had a lot of snow this week, got about 8 or so inches on Tuesday night into Wednesday.  Lots of cancellations and travel warnings but everything was fine with me.  I got plowed out Weds. morning around 8, went to the thrift store after that.  Boy was it slow--more workers than shoppers and hardly any droppers.  That was fine but I got bored and left earlier than usual.  Did I make productive use of my time?  Heck no.  I've had a lazy and unproductive week.  Did go to work both Tuesday and Thursday, OK, that was productive.  Went to the gym twice, am planning to go again tomorrow before heading to the thrift store.

Meanwhile I had my annual physical this morning.  No surprises, nothing to report.  I am in good health.  Do have some follow-ups but nothing dramatic.  Boy am I lucky!

Book group is Sunday.  We're reading a book that no one likes.  I'm not totally in the "doesn't like" category but it's not drawing me in.  I'd better find something better to offer for next month!

Friends stopped by this afternoon, they were here to check on their camp.  Their report: big snow and ice on their porch roof, they're nervous about that but can't do anything.

Life is good.  It would be better if I slogged through the snow to feed the birds.  The dogs have made a narrow, very narrow path to the feeder but I punch through the snow when I walk on it.  Poor birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment