Friday, February 01, 2019

Still winter

-5 this morning and the house is chilly.  Can't light a fire in the stove until later this morning, the stovepipe/stove cleaners are coming in 2 1/2 hours so I sit in front of an electric heater while the living room is 55.  Waiting for a friend who is coming for coffee in a little while.

Life is good!  I worked 2 mornings this week, scanning and sending images to the grant coordinator of an oral history project.  She was thrilled with the images we sent, which is so rewarding.  YES!   The work we've been doing is appreciated and useful.  That's very rewarding. 

I volunteered at the thrift store on Weds. morning, that was fine.  I was a bagger then worked with books (weeded the fiction while the woman who is in charge of books was not there)(sneaky).  It was a pretty slow day, not many shoppers and not many droppers.  It had been busier on Saturday, maybe people had cabin fever but it was too cold on Weds. to venture out.

It's been a cold week but not as cold as it is elsewhere.  I haven't been doing much, just stoking the stove, feeding the birds, doing laundry and dishes.  Boy this makes my life sound pretty boring! but it's not really, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment