Sunday, May 23, 2004

Amazing what a weekend at Silver Lake and the enthusiastic embrace of friends will do. Spent a good part of yesterday with Lin, who was opening my friend Linda's camp. Lin came here first for a cup of tea and a short visit. At one point she looks up at my door and says "There are strangers here. No, really, strangers." It was Elsa, with half of her hair sticking straight out to the sides, and Carla. They had planned to walk the bog but there were other people there so they came to see me instead. They stayed a while, all is well with them. Just came to camp for the weekend. Later in the day I took a picnic lunch to Lin, we had a nice time at Linda's, watching a loon swim on the glassy lake. It was a cloudy and cold day--I had a fire in my stove. Quiet peaceful night, hanging out with my sweet dogs. Today I went to Sunday dinner of course. Got to see some seasonal friends, people I really like. He's a glass blower, she's a really cool person too. Lots of talk about how crazy Bush is, which is always fun. It was great to see them, now the season begins and we'll be seeing more and more people each day. Spent time this afternoon planting flowers in containers. That's always fun, mixing colors and textures. I'm using some reds this year, which I never do. It's hard to find anything to go with red. I usually just use pinks and purples, so this is a challenge. I still have plenty of flowers to plant, even more containers to fill, plus lots of work in my flower beds to do. Hoping to get t that this week. It's supposed to rain but warm up. It was in the 50's yesterday, miserably cold. Warmer today but only 60's. I've put most of my houseplants outside, a real sign of the season.

It's so nice to be home! I only have to work 4 days this week but it's Week from Hell. Board meeting tomorrow afternoon, Albany on Tuesday, all day meeting on Weds., regional network meeting on Thursday (of course, that's like a party) then I'm off, off, off for 5 long glorious days. Beyond that all I can think of is that the director's on vacation and not long after that I go to Kristen's to see K, Margaret and Grace--and Molly and Anna. How cool is all that?

No comments:

Post a Comment