Thursday, May 20, 2004

I'm Morpheus, which I like because it means I come up with a good plan but don't have to be the leader. I quit needing to be the leader a long time ago. It feels so good NOT wanting to be the leader, watching other people want to lead. It's not that I want to follow, actually I'd rather be leading only myself, knowing I have a way that's right for me, and may be best for other people as well. I'm not a follower as much as one who has a good path for herself and welcomes anyone else who thinks it might be a good path for them as well. Right now my boss thinks I have good paths and she wants to follow mine. Next month she may think my paths lead to hell. You can imagine what a treat it is to work with someone like that.

Weather in a beautiful holding pattern. Cool this morning. I like these days when you have the heat on in your car in the morning because your hands tingle from the cold, but it's so warm during the day that you don't need to wear socks (why is it all about the extremities?). Tess attacked the sole remaining roll of toilet paper this morning. Shame on me for not getting out of bed before she did. It's intact, just in shreds. My check will be available to spend at midnight tonight so I can go shopping tomorrow on my way home from work. Hooray! More toilet paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment