Monday, September 27, 2004

Carriage bolt: that's what I needed for my wheelbarrow! I love Lowes. Standing in front of this wall of bolts and screws, all sizes was like being a dog standing in front of a wall of milk bones. I loved it. I found what I was looking for, bought two, matched wing nuts to the size I needed, paid 26 cents for each bolt. I bought a new watering can for my house plants (thank you Tess) after crawling on my belly to reach the only one small enough to suit me among the hysterical-looking sea of outdoor watering cans on the bottom shelf. I bought a spray bottle to use with my huge philodendron that has scale so I can now spray the organic insecticide I bought weeks ago on it. I bought paint so I can paint the door from the bathroom to the studio an "accent" color. yeah me. I love Lowes. All for $20 and so much more fun than the grocery store.

Then I came home and fixed the 'barrow, which was not easy but I figured it out, and stacked wood. I'm shooting for 8 wheelbarrow loads at a time. That's about as many as I can stand to do at once. Tonight it was 70 degrees, really too hot by my standards to stack wood (I actually broke a sweat, which is just NOT something I do). So now I have the first rank started, and for me getting started is absolutely the hardest part. I love checking out my firewood as I load it in the wheelbarrow--what kind of wood each piece is. Some cherry this time, which is very pretty but which some people don't like to burn. I like burning it. Some beech, again, some people don't like burning it but I do. Lots of maple, which is good. Size of the pieces is good, lots of mid-size pieces with some big pieces too. If only it were July, then I'd feel better, but this will dry some, maybe enough.

So now I'm watching CSI, my nightly fix. No one peed or pooped or threw up while I was at work so the house was in pretty good shape when I got home. They've all been outside for 3 hours, having a great time. Now they're quiet, in for the night and resting. I don't know what they were doing outside but at one point Tess and Chances told me that something big, scary and threatening was there and I should be really, really afraid. For a long time they barked and barked.

So I don't have to leave for Canton until 8 tomorrow, another bonus. Training is from 10-4 but it can't possibly last that long. It's the new ILL program, but there's just no way they can spend that many hours explaining it. Should be a pretty ride. I'd stop to see Jenica but I need to get there and get home (have all that wood to stack).

Got my DVDs in the mail today. Love Actually and In America. Hugh Grant just because he's cute and In America because it's supposed to be very good. I've wanted to see Garden State for a long time but I don't imagine it'll make it to Pbg. so I'll have to wait until it makes it to DVD. It's had lots of attention and good reviews. You lucky Midwesterners!


No comments:

Post a Comment