Wednesday, September 29, 2004

So which Madonna song am I? Well, I didn't think I would be ANY one of them, I challenged Quizilla to come up with one, and surprize, surprize they didn't do too badly. None of the questions had a thing to do with me.

I rushed in to work this morning, convinced I had a 7:30 meeting. No, dear, that's TOMORROW morning, when you were planning to have your blood tested. jerk. Now you'll have to get to Pbg at 7 to do that, to make sure you get to the meeting on time. Now THERE's a real challenge. Leave home by 6:15. as if.

When I got home last night, after having a really nice day there was a huge puddle of pee at the end of the hallway, and pee on the rug in the bathroom. Are those 2 dogs having a contest? Do they pee in tandem? Does one remind the other that they CAN pee in the house? I can't stand this. There were also little teeny turds scattered around the living room rug, blending in perfectly with the navy background. I spread newspaper the whole length of the hallway, hoping to deter Jackson because I thought what he liked was peeing on the floor. No, he just likes peeing in the house. I think I'll call the vet, but first I'm taking away their water during the day. Let them die of dehydration.

I had a good day yesterday. Long drive through the woods and lakes to training. Training all day (only dozed in the afternoon). I like the guy who did the afternoon training, have been to several of his sessions over the past 10 or so years. The morning trainer treated us like 3 year olds, unaware that we've all been doing interlibrary loan for 15-20 years ourselves. Then I stopped to see Jenica and Miles (and Jack). That was great. Miles is the cutest kittie in the world. He's is absolutely beautiful, with an hourglass figure in white on his belly and the whitest, most petite feet possible and the most beautiful black eyeglasses. He's really lovely and has a great disposition. I kissed his belly and he let me, a true sign of wonderfulness.

When I got home my sciatica was killing me so I treated it by moving and stacking 8 wheelbarrow loads of firewood. If I actually did this every day I would get it all done in a reasonable period of time. I don't think I'll have time tonight: I have to go to the store to get the special hot dogs for Ken's dinner, then I have to go to Ken's for dinner tonight. I'll try to move 4 loads, though. The pile in the shed is growing. I love to see that, I stand with my hands on my hips and nod approvingly.

I had the best talk with Kristen last night, we reconnected after a long time. We've both just been busy settling into Life After. She sounds good (yes, Kristen, you do) and in fine form. Amazing to buy a house at 29 and arrange a life for 4 people so well. We had a great time quoting each other's counseling sessions to each other. That's one of the best-ever things about being in therapy, sharing the gems with someone you're close to who's going through it at the same time. You both benefit tremendously.

I also talked to Liza, which was a less satisfactory conversation, but I was pleased that she called me, in need of distraction and company. Mark had gone to bed (it was about 7:15) and she wanted to hear someone else's voice. We didn't have much of a conversation but I made her laugh. I think I can always do that, and that's something I can give her.

The moon was full and bright when I left this morning, very pretty with all the autumn colors. We had strong winds at home yesterday, I could tell by all the leaves on the ground. This always happens: we get the colors on the trees looking really great, then a big wind comes along and knocks them all off. I saw 2 flocks of geese yesterday, one when I was stacking wood, in a pretty shaky but definite V. I love that sound, a gentle honking when they tell you that it's really time to think about the next season.



1 comment:

  1. you sound pretty good, considering we're all sitting on top of this six-month mark. Hang in there. I love you.

    ReplyDelete