Saturday, May 28, 2005

The sun is shining and it's a gorgeous morning. I'm supposed to be spending this time cleaning and organizing my home but so far I've been doing very little of that. Yesterday I relaxed. The Little Brown Dog figured out how to unroll toilet paper next to the toilet so the house looked worse at the end of the day than it did at the beginning of the day. Today I'm slightly more motivated to clean so perhaps I will actually do something. I did some work by email yesterday so I should give myself credit for that. It was cloudy, cold and gray, which I thought make it a good day to clean but I was wrong.

The cast of characters in Hawkeye so far includes:
My friends Linda and Erdvilas. I had dinner and a lot to drink with them last night. They brought delicious ginger wine. Sounds yucky but boy was it good.
My cousin Elsa. She left a phone message for me. Have not seen her yet.
My friends Rush and Annie. They left a phone message for me. Have not seen them yet.
The crazy lesbians from Baltimore. They were supposed to get here yesterday afternoon but called Ken to say they were leaving B'more at 2:40 p.m. Goofy women.

I will have dinner invitations aplenty and Linda is cooking Sunday dinner tomorrow (YES! a pork roast!). It will be great to see Rush and Annie. Elsa, well, she's my cousin. The women from Maryland are very nice but a bit of a strain. They'll be here all week, as will Linda, so I'll have time to see them. They stay in a cabin Ken owns, with no running water. They are just very strange.

Tess climbed the bluffs with some strangers yesterday. She was gone for 2 hours and came back breathless but very pleased. I thought she just did that sort of thing if Chances was with her, but I was wrong. Now I can't let her out unsupervised at all. These dogs are not behaving well.

I've starting collecting National Lampoons. So far I've "won" about 6 on eBay. I got the one I really wanted, the travel issue. I haven't totaled up how much it's cost me yet, I'm just having fun collecting something at last. Bill says he has a bunch of them because he collected things that represented popular culture. He said it as if it were the most natural thing in the world--of course he would have that! I had a full run of them too, an avid subscriber was I in the 70's when the magazine was really funny.

So off I must go, time to be productive. First I'll eat yogurt. Yes, the return of yogurt to my life. I got so sick of it I haven't eaten any in years but now it appeals to me again. Go figure.
The list of tasks I hope to get done is really, really long. So far I have shampooed the couch. Yea me! I can at least vacuum the living room floor. I must attack the library today, it is really my main objective for these 5 days. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck.
    Great idea for a collection!
    You sound cheerful.
    I'm glad the folks are back in the neighborhood. Have a really good time.

    ReplyDelete