Thursday, January 26, 2006

Connected to

Today is Jenica's 30th birthday. I never had a child of my own, but the first time I saw her I had the most amazing feeling of connected-ness. You could tell by looking at her that she was Henry's daughter, she had his distinctive look. I could tell she was related to me, she looked like me. I loved it. I was 23 and had no interest in having children at that time, so I thought "This is it, this is as close as I need to come to the magic, but I get it! I understand the magic of it now, how you can love someone so incredibly much, without knowing them, because there's only the briefest part of a person starting to develop there." And so now I've known her for 30 years, and I still love the feeling of being connected to her. The aunt connection is an interesting one, and I love the three people I am connected to this way very, very much. They are all really fascinating, funny, charming and wonderful people. Lucky, lucky me!

No comments:

Post a Comment