Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Winter Schminter

High temp for the last 2 days: 10
Low temp for the last 2 days: -11

But on Saturday it was 40. This is some strange weather we're having. My sump pump has been running, which is tres strange for January. I can't think of another January in the past 13 years that this has happened. Now I feel stoopid for not getting a new hose for it because it's spraying water on the electric heater I have down there to keep the pump from freezing. I went down there to check on it on Sunday and all was well--the heater is the oil-filled radiator type so it's pretty safe, really. But this is a project I need to work on. It's supposed to be 35-40 and rain later this week. And they call this winter? What does it mean? Will February be awful? More than we can stand? Or more of the same? Yikes, I'm all confused.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:22 AM

    I know. I got out a lighter-weight coat, but I don't trust that I can put away the big heavy coat... I'm all a-flutter.

    ReplyDelete