Tuesday, January 06, 2009

another day


cold jan o8 002
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
Can one day make a difference? I feel better today. Last night Ken reminded me that problems always have a way of solving themselves. Though I know problems often need help being solved, he and I have repeated these words of wisdom to each other countless times during the past 10 years. He also likes to say "There's no time like the present" when there's a chore to do. I like to say "Why do today what you can do tomorrow." That makes him shake his head.

Yes, today I feel better prepared to deal with whatever there is. Well, for me, I mean--I couldn't get to the TV fast enough to delete Ann Coulter this morning. Although we all know Obama is a communist, did we know Rush Limbaugh's life is in grave danger and Obama's life is in no danger at all?

Even though we're supposedly facing the end of the world, otherwise known as a big storm, tonight through Thursday, and in tandem with my old standby Dr. Rubin, I'm standing tall. Like Chuck Connors in The Rifleman (ooooh, that Johnny Crawford was cute). Now I'm back to my previous winter mantra of "It's not the cold that bothers me, it's the snow." I had reversed that during the days that I couldn't get my house warmer than 54. My house is a toasty 62 once I crank the wood stove up, though it was 51 when I got home last night. Oddly, I'm used to that temp and can (almost) stand it. I don't like it when my nose is cold, I'm not crazy--I know that's a sign that I've gone too far with this Nancy of the North business.

Must now be creative and think of useful (not just fascinating or personally entertaining) websites to link from our website. Plus something someone might actually care about for the CEFLS blog. Which, so far, no one has read.

1 comment:

  1. (If Tom Cruise deserves running water, so do you.)
    I am so sorry about your friends and their illnesses, and about mortality in general. It sucks, and suffering is horrible, too.
    I wish you a cozy fire to keep you warm and some water for a hot shower. It does not seem like an extravagant wish, Nancy of the North. I wish Ken calm and gentle passing through this time and to the end of his time. And I hope your friend will recover without suffering too much.
    I love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete