Monday, January 05, 2009

wisc july 08 132


wisc july 08 132
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
The woman on the left, who is truly one of the most cheerful and kindest people I know, had a brain bleed last week. She's moving from intensive care today. Neurosurgeon says her "recovery" may take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. How far she'll recover we don't know. Right now she can blink, squeeze hands... They did a tracheatomy so she could get off the respirator.

I try not to be one of those people who minimizes her issues by thinking how hard it is for other people. My life isn't great these days, and maybe Joanne's situation is the final blow--I have no water, my friend Ken is falling apart, it's cold, blahblahblah. I hate to ask for help but can't get to the well to figure out what's wrong. I don't seem to feel worthy of having running water but I know that's foolish.

Don't feel sorry for me, I always work through my struggles. I want my friend to recover but I know that my 2 friends, one here and one far away will never be the same. Which is why maybe I don't care if I never have running water again. And, of course, I'm depressed.

So I'm taking a stroll down 2008's memory lane. Good things happened and it was nice.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs. That's about all I can do from here, that plus keep you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete