Friday, January 16, 2009

Larry the Lobster


subzero jan 09 018
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
I like to have a mobile hanging from the ceiling--there's a cathedral ceiling in the living room. I've had several different ones. I made this one from wooden Christmas tree ornaments and a branch. It's sort of silly why I like having a mobile--I like to watch the lobsters float around (like, dreamily, to be a total gushball) when the warm air rises. This is dumb because it's not a good thing--it means that my warm air is going upstairs and the cold air is staying on the couch with me. But I enjoy things like this.

4 comments:

  1. I would love to make some of these for you. This creates so many wonderful, silly and thoughtful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. any time, any time. I love having them but like to change them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will come up with something. Send your mailing address by email (my address is in the footer at the bottom of my blog) and a mysterious package shall arrive in due time. I am terribly excited about the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWIE JET! How cool is this? Can't wait.
    Thanks, cool Amy.
    Bets

    ReplyDelete