Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just a snippet

Here's a quick look at my life these days. Today we're having a BIG storm. I came to work and stayed until the bitter end. Some people scurried home early--ohmygod what if the roads are so bad I'll never get home and they'll find my body in the spring. I'm even going to my friend's house now (5:00) to shower & visit. Not wise, perhaps, but I'm not known for wisdom about driving in bad weather. And yet I always figure it out. I like to wait until later because the plows and sanders will have worked on the roads and traffic will be light (or non-existent) so I won't have to dodge other drivers.

No, I still don't have water. I've almost got the house in shape and a path cleared to the bathroom so I can stand to have someone in my house and not be mortified at what they'll see. I'll have Steve help me/do it next week. One more weekend of cleaning should do it. Plus: the bonus of enjoying my house. even without running water.

No comments:

Post a Comment