Thursday, October 14, 2010

Ahhhhh.

So how am I doing, alone in my neighborhood?  I love it.  I have my solitary lifestyle, my incredible silence outside, pretty leaves, heavy mist on the lake in the morning.  That's the only way I can see the lake right now, identified by the mist each morning.  Water temp is dropping, but so is the air temp.  I'm not right on the lake, but up a hill in the woods so I have a limited view of the water.  I can see a big white plain in winter when the lake freezes and is covered by snow.  White, very white.

The forest is reclaiming the land around my house.  I should be conscientious about getting out there & cutting down small trees (they'll just get bigger and will block all the windows before they fall on the house and smash it).  Jenica cut down a bunch a long time ago and it was wonderful. Looked great.  I cut down a few but there's soooo much more to do.  My friend Annie loves to run her chainsaw and has cut some of the bigger trees, promises to cut some more.  She'll make good on that promise, she's a good and true friend.

I weeded the collection of one of our libraries yesterday.  I like consultant visits to our libraries.  Each one is different and special.  This one has a pretty good adult non-fiction collection.  Too many self-help books fer shure, but lots of nice gardening and dog books.  Love those dog books.  They also have a book on grey parrots and one on parolets.  I couldn't figure out what parolets are, even after looking at the book.  hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment