Thursday, October 14, 2010

peru 2010 004


peru 2010 004
Originally uploaded by woodsrun
The view from the Fred Thew Road. Lots of roads here are named after people, first and last name. The Barney Downs Road. As opposed to Hawkeye, where we just have Laundry Lane and plain old Silver Lake Road, Old Hawkeye Rd., etc.

I named the Old Hawkeye Road--when we got 911ed they renamed the roads (my road had no name before that). The town decided my road should be Girls Camp Road. This did NOT please people who'd gone to the co-ed' camp (the girls' camp was a rival camp of the camp most of my friends went to). Bill came over one day and asked if we would speak to the town about changing the name of the road. He wanted Hawkeye to be somewhere in the name, so I picked Old Hawkeye. Now I wish I'd just called it Hawkeye Road--I don't have the foresight to realize what a drag it is to have a road wth 2 words. Like ... Old, yes that's right, Hawkeye (spell the word here), 2 separate words, Road. I do like the sound of my address, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment