Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Above zero! Double digits!

It was 12 this morning, the first time above zero in 3 days.  or more, who knows.  I lose track.

Sunny weekend--bright, warm spring sun, but cold wind and low temps.  I walked to the mailbox with the dogs, which was nice but chilly.  That was Saturday.  Sunday I did NOT walk the dogs.

I skipped the Coop. Ext. workshop on Saturday, sadly.  It was snowing hard in the morning and it was predicted to be a bad travel day.  After discussing it with Lin I decided to stay home.  I felt bad, really wanted to go, but to Plattsburgh?  On a Saturday?  All day?  In the snow?  Instead I went to the dump in the afternoon.  Always a good trip.  Dump Man doles out dog biscuits so my dogs love a trip to the dump.  Garbage excites them when I get ready for the trip.

Haven't been doing much, just work and home.  I cleaned so well the weekend before that I didn't have much to clean.  Yay.  I read a lot.  Actually turned off the TV, sat in the sunny living room and read books.  I'm now reading Elizabeth Gilbert's latest (she wrote Eat, pray, love) which is very, very good.  It's about (so far) a woman who studies mosses.  This reminds me of my wonderful niece Anna, who is studying a specific type of mushroom.  I finished listening to The invention of wings, by Sue Monk Kidd.  Very, very good story.  Narrated very nicely and a good listen.

It was busy at P&J's on Sunday so I stayed a couple of hours.  Bill, Atkinsons, then Jon & Ann, so it was quite a time.  A lot of socialization for me.  I went home and read. 

There's really no sign of spring in Hawkeye, other than the sun being higher in the sky and warmer.  We got 6" of additional snow last week, a dusting last night, and on it goes.  The chickadees ARE singing their spring song, so I can't really claim the total absence of signs of spring.  I haven't had much variety at the bird feeder this year, mostly blue jays and chickadees with a smattering of finches and an occasional woodpecker.  It's good theater, though.

Book group is Sunday at my house.  Mostly what I have to do to prepare is clean up the tiny pieces of paper that Treasure has shredded an left all over the floor.  I shouldn't mind her paper fetish, it beats worse things.  Tiresome, yes, and I have to tuck papers away (which is probably a good thing) but she doesn't get into kitchen things and both dogs refuse to go upstairs so that's a safe place.  They both look at me, wide-eyed, in the morning when I go to work.  Well hell, is this not a standard routine (is that redundant?) these days?  Does Treasure realize that she no longer spends her days in a cage?  I can actually move the cage out of the living room, which will be grand.

I took my car to the dealer to be fixed AGAIN.  Yes, they fixed something, but there's something else that needs fixing.  The part was ordered and I'm waiting to hear from them so I can use more vacation time waiting there.  And a new car woos me.

No comments:

Post a Comment