Sunday, March 02, 2014

Temps are falling

Nice weekend, not very cold, but now it's 3 degrees and we're due for sub-zero temps tonight.  On it goes, winter.  Last week was a long week with lots of grumpy people who are sick of winter.  This week doesn't look to be much different--out great hope for a warmer March seems to be a pipe dream at this point.  I don't like March, it's the cruelest month for sure.  We have snow, cold, a day or two when it's vaguely reminiscent of spring, then more cold and snow.  I don't think we'll have an early spring this year, and for sure, with 36" of ice on the lake we won't see open water for a long time.

We had book group tonight, very nice.  We read Where'd you go, Bernadette, and had a nice and (for us) long discussion about the book.  We liked it.

Yesterday I watched Dallas Buyers Club, which is an amazing film.  I really liked it, it's very powerful and well done.  Some amazing acting.  Now I'm watching the Oscars.  Well, they're on but I'm not really paying attention.  The house is warm, the fire is hot, the dogs are snoring.  All is right with the world.

Went to P&J's today, had a nice visit with Bill there.  Came home, made brownies for book group, read a little of this & that, watched too much tv.  Yesterday I went to the dump--took a huge bag of garbage, which was, as always, very satisfying.  I'm getting good at filling those big contractor's garbage bags.

Not much else going on.  Off to work tomorrow, beginning of what promises to be a busy week.  Well, sort of busy.  A couple of important meetings, lunch with a friend, more cleaning around my desk.  I threw out 6 years worth of magazines last week and now just need to address the piles of books that I thought (at one point) worth keeping.  Back to weeding the collection, I think.  That will feel good.

Dogs are fine.  Treasure had a huge lump on her chest but it's much smaller now.  I think it was a hematoma after all, which is a relief.  She's having some digestive issues with lots of vomiting, worrying me.  I bought cheap dog biscuits and wonder if that's the problem.  There's much fuss about poisonous dog food on the market lately so I'm thinking about that.  I haven't changed their food but these are different biscuits.  I'm rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment