Monday, March 03, 2014

New day

Bright sunshine but very cold this morning.  I was up during the night, woke at 2:00 and could not, not, not get back to sleep.  So I got up, made some Minute Rice for my sick dog, read, dozed, suffered.  Fed her the rice, which she ate heartily (which is a good sign).  So far so good with the rice but I can't be at home with her today to find out if that'll do it.  Meanwhile, at 3 a.m. I used my handy Internet connection to research obstructions of dog's stomachs.  Did I learn anything new?  No, it was all as I figured.  I just don't know if she ate a sock, which would certainly explain the throwing up, or she has something else going on.  Oh how do people deal with sick children?

Taking my car to the dealer this afternoon.  I've been grinding my brakes for at least a week so need to have that taken care of.  Let's hope I haven't done any permanent damage by driving it, but I couldn't take it in last week.  I'll ask about my harness/insurance claim while I'm there.  Oh this poor car.

Staff meeting this morning.  Staff training tomorrow morning (on violence in the workplace, attendance is mandatory).  Big meeting with correctional facility librarians on Friday.  I'm supposed to work with them on how to do readers advisory work.  HAH!  That won't be well received.  You'd think, with a captive audience of inmates, they'd be interested in steering them into different directions, but they just request the same things over and over, from facility to facility.  How do inmates hear about these books?  I've no idea but the titles seldom change from year to year or facility to facility.

No comments:

Post a Comment